Diesel Mechanic (Full-Time) for Southeast Area Transit District
The District is the region’s public transportation provider with a strong public service and safety ethic. We are looking for an energetic, conscientious and detail oriented individual who enjoys making a difference, a quick learner who can take the initiative, and someone who enjoys being part of a small team that takes pride in their service to the community.
- Maintains SEAT’s vehicles, including heavy-duty diesel buses and gasoline minibuses and support vehicles.
- Inspects, diagnoses and performs repairs on major components.
- Makes road calls and test drives vehicles.
- Occasionally maintains and repairs shop tools, equipment and facilities.
- Occasionally services and fuels vehicles.
- Completes work orders and other necessary documentation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two Years’ experience as a diesel mechanic or any comparable combination of education/experience.
- Proficient in use of electronic diagnostic tools.
- Requires analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills with ability to make independent decisions guided by a commitment to safety.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in English
- Must provide his/her own personal hand tools.
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain Forklift Certification.
- Ability to obtain A/C 609 Certification and/or appropriate ASE certifications.
邮件：21 Route 12，Preston CT 06365